- East coast girl and proud of it: born in Philadelphia, raised in southern New Jersey, now living close enough to the Atlantic Ocean to not have a basement.
- Holder of degrees in Graphic Design/Illustration and Art Education.
- Painter, drawer, designer, art teacher, crafty chick.
- Wife to a guy I've had a crush on since college.
- Mom to Rosie, a Cocker-Springer mix (the cutest dog in the land).
- Soon-to-be mom to a human.
- Vegetarian for almost 20 years.
- Probably the only girl you know who has never dyed her hair.
WOOF! Thank you for visiting i heart dogs studio, the home of pet portraits lovingly painted by me, Christine Humphries Throckmorton. Since 2007, I have created custom pet portraits, prints, cards, and more, all featuring lovable canines (and the occasional feline). Scroll down, take a look around, click away. You'll see a wide variety of pet portraits, and get to know a bit about the girl behind the canvas.
PLEASE NOTE: Now that I have a toddler, I am no longer accepting commissions. For now, I am shelving the paintbrushes and just enjoying being MOM. I have a variety of original paintings, prints, and cards available in my shop, however, and there is a lot of dog art to peruse in the pages of this here blog. Enjoy.
“I would rather see the portrait of a dog that I know, than all the allegorical paintings
they can show me in the world.” ~ Samuel Johnson
Hi. I'm Christine.